Thursday, October 25, 2007

weekend begins

It is Thursday morning and I am waiting for yet another phone call for our last delivery...our stove (for now)! I am also waiting for Christo's stove and washer/dryer instillation. Christo's one bedroom apt only has a hookup for a washer or a dishwasher. After some serious consultations he decided the chances of a laundry emergency were far greater than a dishes emergency since he will travel all the time and probably not cook. I waited at his apartment earlier this week and took a nap on some ikea chair cushions waiting for his appliances and a new scenario happened. The people showed up to install the washer but they couldn't find it, they were searching all the closets and cupboards and I didn't know what they were looking for, I thought they were looking for the hook up but turns out the washer had not been delivered yet so we were back at square one. I am hoping after today we are all done with delivery bloopers for a while. Chris got home last night and we went out to a complex of restaurants right on the beach for Italian food. I wish it was possible to just go out for a casual bite to eat but all the places are fancy. The prices aren't too bad as compared to upscale restaurants at home but already I am missing dive bars and Mexican restaurants. Soon I will be able to cook and going out will be back to occasional and then we will want a treat so it's all good. I have two more students needing help so I have a busy Saturday and Sunday ahead of me. Both students need help with essay writing. One is a girl and I will go to her house (which will surely be a palace) and the other is a male student from Abu Dhabi so first I have to meet him in public with a chaperone. I am so excited to be able to do this because otherwise I would never have a conversation with an Emirate man. It is definitely a cool way to learn about the culture here and since the Emirate population is about 20% of UAE it is understandable why you don't meet that many. I have got to motor because I have to get some passport pictures done as well this morning for my visa. Chris and I were very excited to see the score of the baseball game this morning-looking good!

No comments: