Thursday, May 1, 2008

A sneak peek at the Dubai Antique Museum


I didn't discover this place until late winter but it is a real treasure. It consists of at least three buildings full, I mean jam packed like this pictures of everything under the sun. I mean it- African drums, Moroccan mosaics, fabrics, teapots, furniture, place mats, cell phone holders...I could go on forever. Some of the stuff is local tourism stuff and others just need to be seen to be believed. My favorite thing about it is that it can't be seen from the outside, it is behind a tiny mosque in a building that looks like a warehouse. You reach the store by going through a set of tiny hidden double doors- it is very Narnia like. You are not allowed to take pictures but I risked this one- for the sake of the blog! My mom loved it and she really stocked up on presents. I know Pattie will make lots of friends here the next time she is in town.

No comments: