Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fujairah


On my mom's last day we drove out to Fujairah (our favorite emirate) for a day on the beach. We found an old, rundown (by Dubai standards) hotel that lets you pay to use their beach for the day for only 20 dollars. They are located right in front of Snoopy Island, a great snorkeling site. We had a great lunch on the beach, I had my first seafood since pregnancy...a local fish and chips made from hammour. Hammour is a local and popular fish that is similar to grouper, another one of my favorites! After lunch we swam out to the big rock that you see in the picture and enjoyed seeing all kinds of pretty fish. I wish I was a better icthiologist! Chris enjoyed stalking a few sand sharks that he spotted. He saw about 5 ranging from 1ft in length to 5ft or so. My mom and I let him follow the sharks on his own, I am sure they are harmless but hey I have a baby to think about! It was a great day but we were all sad since my mom had to leave when we got back to Dubai. The week went by too fast and of course we all had to go back to work...We need more visitors!

2 comments:

alison said...

I think I see a tiny little baby bump! So excited to see you guys in a few months!

10 Old Farm said...

Your Mom stopped in the library after school today--on her way to make an album of the wonderful (fantastic!)visit she had with you. Love your blog!