Friday, May 2, 2008

Dubai sounds

I tried to post a video of a typical Dubai afternoon but it is not working so I included a link at the end! My mom and I were enjoying lunch in Jumeriah, a residential part of Dubai during the afternoon call to prayer and she wanted to capture the sound so I took a video of it. In Jumeriah there are lots of mosques sot you can hear it more than in our part of town. I have in fact heard some rumours that they are building a mosque near our apartment building since there don't seem to be any on this side of town. There should always be a mosque withing walking distance for Muslims. The call to prayer by a muezzin can be heard over a loudspeaker 5 times a day and it is one of my favorite things to hear, it reminds me that I live somewhere unique.

If you want a better recording check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAvlimEYEpQ

No comments: