Tuesday, May 27, 2008

DIY


This pictures is really for the moms. Pattie, I finally bought cloth to cover all the cushions when my mom was here. I also bought good sewing scissors and a staple gun and figured I could do it no problem. Well, I could if they made a decent staple gun here, if I wasn't a total weakling and if I had about four hands. So I enlisted Chris's help one Saturday and he did a fantastic job but considering it took close to an hour to do one coupled with the fact the material really needed to be hemmed we decided that wasn't a good use of his time. He also said I couldn't pay him enough. Since we had 9 more cushions to go I figured they would be done by the time the baby came anyway so I carted them down to Satwa (a fun, cheaper part of town) and paid my favorite tailor to cover them. I forgot to ask how much it would cost and was super nervous when I went back to pick them up. Well, I didn't need to be, he charged me about 5 dollars a cushion and now they are all done!

1 comment:

alison said...

uh...chris...you got a little something on your shirt! ;>