Saturday, April 26, 2008

A week of fun

Last week my mom was here which was a great excuse to start cooking again, get out to the beach everyday and check out some tourist attractions. We only had 6 days but we managed to strike a good balance between chilling out and getting around. We even had time to watch a couple of movies I requested from the US, I was dying to see Out of Africa after reading the book this winter and it was amazing! My mom's trip also coincided with my baby bump finally making an appearance which was of course exciting for all of us. She is convinced it grew everyday and it sure does feel that way (I am about 18 weeks now). I don't think my condition is quite obvious yet but it will be soon. The annoying part is maternity clothes are still WAY too huge, I think the panels would fit over my head but my regular clothes are too tight. So I am limited to some skirts, dresses and my trousers unbuttoned. It certainly makes getting dressed a lot quicker! Chris unfortunately had to work the whole week (and work extra long hours) so he did not get to join in on our fun which was too bad but luckily we will both be back in the US in a couple of months for a vacation.

No comments: