Sunday, November 4, 2007

TV and movies

I only watch TV if I am in the gym on the elliptical and I am so glad that I never watched Scrubs, Friends, The View, Dr. Phil or Tyra at home because that's all there is in the way of programming in English. There is a cooking show with Jamie Oliver that I love because he is just so manly and rustic yet not afraid to show his softer side by calling potatoes "little darlings". He shows you how to do everything from planting the potato to serving it with capers and creme fraiche. Anyway, there is quite a lot of censorship but I think it is only applies the free channels. As far as cable it only covers a few channels, there are not hundreds like we have at home (which is fine, really). I caught Dirty Dancing on the local channel a couple of weeks ago and all the dancing scenes were cut out...go figure. There are a lot of sports channels so you can watch any soccer game imaginable, endless hours of cricket and even European women's volleyball. Chris loves it.

No comments: