Sunday, November 4, 2007

A bit about fashion

So important. I am such a closet clothes freak so I have to mention it. Fashion is very high end here. Lots of Fendi, Gucci, Prada, Chanel and other you stuff normal people don't really buy. There is of course regular clothes and bags here too but there isn't a lot in the middle. It is either really expensive or really cheap. Fashion has a Muslim twist here as well. Since traditionally fashion is more conservative and modest some styles have really stuck here such as dresses over jeans, tunic shirts, pashminas and scarves. The other trend you can't escape in Dubai is skinny jeans. I had to explain what they were to Marc and Christos over dinner. I demonstrated by pulling my pants tight around my ankle and Christos exclaimed "gross" which was confusing because 10 minutes later they ogled a girl that walked buy and successfully modeled the skinny jeans look. For some reason skinny jeans were in style in the states for about 10 minutes but here they are all the rage. It is not a good look on most of society, especially men!

No comments: