Thursday, November 22, 2007

A really frustrating day



Today was a true test of my patience, one I probably failed miserably but now I am finally mellowed out enjoying a cup of coffee before I get ready and fight the masses for a taxi on Thursday night so that we can enjoy a Thanksgiving feast on Palm Jumeriah. For those of you unfamiliar with one of the newest modern wonders of the world you should have no trouble seeing images of it with good old google. Chris came home last night which as always is exciting but unfortunately I had some sort of 24 hours stomach flu so I can't say I gave him the most enthusiastic welcome. We did enjoy a quiet night in, the first with a tv and dvd player so we watched a movie after dinner. Today was just one thing after another and I feel so bad complaining but...our things arrived in Dubai which is great but they day they have scheduled to deliver them is next Thursday which is the day I was meant to go on a weekend trip to Egypt with Chris. I haven't left Dubai since getting here at all and of course the two days I want to go on a fun trip for free (since it is for his work) are the only days they can deliver our things. Oh well. Enough whining! Today was full of other fun things like negotiating for our bank rates and car loans, getting lost in taxis and trying to go to a yoga class but that was such a disaster that I went out and bought a yoga mat and three dvds so I don't have to try to get to a class again! Well, enough negative energy for a post. This pictures is from last night, a wonderful girls night dinner that I hosted in the empty apartment (but easy to clean). I have kitchen stuff and a dining room table so it was just fine. In the picture are Rowena (English), Rachel (English), Kristina (Canadian), Sue and Jennifer, two Midwestern ladies. I met them when I first got here and we have dinner once a week. I only met Rowena last night but she is very nice and interesting. Sue's office building is in our apartment complex so I have seen her quite a bit lately and I love spending time with her.

No comments: