Friday, April 30, 2010

Evenings at the beach

We go to the beach most evenings and it is just amazing. My favorite time of day no matter where I am in the world is just before sunset and the beach in front of our home is no exception. The evenings are getting hotter and hotter so we are trying to enjoy every last moment we have splashing in the waves and playing in the sand. Alessandro loves to collect shells, tear down sand art and sit in the gentle waves. The feeling of the tide pulling beneath you is a wonder I still remember from childhood and it is truly something to see him taking it all in. When my mom was here she built him a car out of sand, something I begged my parents to do each and every time we went to the beach...well he like it for about two seconds, it was just too stationary for him!

No comments: