Friday, April 9, 2010

European Vacation!


The upside of having Chris in Europe is having the option of flying there to meet him instead of him flying home to see us. Since traveling with a small backpack by train around continental Europe on my spring break almost exactly 12 years ago I have only been to Spain a couple of years ago when I was pregnant so I was excited. This time I got to enjoy the food and wine which was very nice but wow the Euro has changed things! I know I am a little late to notice this but I don't know how college students do it now. We left Dubai early in the morning to fly to Dusseldorf because it is the closest airport to Maastricht, Netherlands where Chris is working. Alessandro was an angel on the plane (thanks to his carseat) and he even made a friend. There was a little german boy on the plan that followed us every time we went to the bathroom. They both shared a deep love for toy cars. Here is Alessandro in the Dubai airport, I just can't believe how much he has filled out the courtesy stroller! Pardon his blanket in many of the vacation shots, he needs it to sleep and there were quite a few naps on the go. His blanket is also a lifesaver in a pinch when we are in transit since let's face it we all get a little tired, hungry and annoyed when traveling!

No comments: