Friday, April 9, 2010

Dubai World Cup


So every year (since 1996) there is a world cup in Dubai that ends the horse racing season with a bang. In true Dubai fashion it is glamorous, big and showy. This year the event coincided with earth hour which made me feel slightly guilty since just a few lights were on at the time! The first year we were in Dubai I was in the midst of morning sickness and Chris attended as part of a bachelor party. Last year the thought of leaving Alessandro for 9 hours was not possible so this year I made it! I had to go as a third wheel with our friends Ana and Steve though since Chris was in Amsterdam for work so it wasn't perfect. Despite his absence we had fun dancing, drinking and people watching. The outfits were everything from classy to gaudy and all shades in between. The event ended with a concert by Elton John and there really aren't words to describe him live. Sure he is getting up there and he doesn't have the same bang that he used to but his energy is still infectious and I definitely felt as though I was in the prescence of greatness.

No comments: