Sunday, April 25, 2010

Back in Dubai

Since returning from our European vacation we have been pretty busy in Dubai. The weather is getting hotter by the day and Alessandro seems to change a little (or a lot) each and every day. As I sit here and type this he is sitting at the table eating adult size spoonfuls of yogurt on his own and most of it is in his mouth. The pajamas might need to be washed and he certainly has a yogurt beard but at least he is practicing his skills! Now that he is done eating he has moved on to his new activity of searching the living room for anything I may have left behind that he shouldn't play with, this morning it is a wine glass. Rescued just in time. After he makes his rounds he begins serious organizing of his small cars and kid friendly cutlery. I thought he was over the tupperware cabinet thing but alas he has just taken it to a new level. He also loves puzzles which I am sure he gets from Chris- I can't remember being much of a puzzle junkie. In a few minutes we will venture outside to get some fresh not too hot yet morning air... We are getting a late start this morning because we had to run to the mall last night for some errands, one of which was buying Alessandro his own potty. Last night he was happy to sit on it but today all he did was look at it and say "no no no", baby steps I guess!
This afternoon is a playdate at our house. It is most of the same women I have known since we were pregnant plus a few new friends. These days it is a loud and messy affair but every moment of it is priceless. I don't have any photos because I never have a moment to spare but I will try next week!

No comments: