Sunday, December 9, 2007

Beet Salad for lonely housewifes

I just finished dinner and thought I would include my favorite recipe for nights alone: beet and feta salad. Chris is not a big fan of beets or Thai food so I used to eat these things in Chicago if he was gone which was really seldom. Now that I dine alone four days a week beet and feta salad is like an old friend that I see often. It is not for everyone but the combination of flavors is quite nice so try it!
Serves One Lonely Housewife:
A handful of Baby spinach leaves (which I don't have here unless I want to pay a lot)
Diced or sliced red onion
Chopped beets from a can (1/3 of a can)
Crumbled or cut feta- the best kind is French feta which is creamier and softer than Greek feta
Sliced tomato
Cucumber and grated carrot are also nice
Dressing made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, teaspoon of Dijon mustard, salt and pepper

Eat with a glass of red wine, alone, in front of the TV or while reading Yummy!

No comments: