Monday, December 3, 2007

The after pictures are a ways away


This is what the whole apartment looked like on Thursday. It is coming along but will be a while before I have impressive before and after photos. Sorry no blogging, I have been busy! Chris is still away and I really miss him. He finally comes home on Wednesday so I am hoping to have the place in order and have a tree ready to decorate. We will also be assembling the nativity set Grampy made for our wedding present. I got a job for after the holidays. I will be teaching one three year old girl for a couple hours a day, five days a week for 3 months. It will be great because I will still have plenty of time for the other ideas/projects I have. I am really lucky because part time is an oxymoron in Dubai. I have to say positive thinking has done wonders for helping everything to fall in place. Last night I went to Hanne's for traditional Scandinavian glogg (red wine with other stuff). I remember the grown ups drinking it at Grampy and Jane's when I was little. It is great! Today I just unpacked some more and organized. I am about to head over to Becky and Mark's for spaghetti. I am so lucky, everyone feels bad for me being alone and they invite me for dinner. I haven't cooked much but I am scouting for something fancy to cook for Chris on Wednesday. I have all my cookbooks here so it will be easy. Well, nothing else to report here. I have to get busy on finding a taxi. Between 5 and 8 is this weird every man or woman for themselves around here when it comes to taxis, it gets ugly!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Hi Kirsten,

Apartment looks great!! I am sure you will have it festive in no time. I have decorated for Christmas as well, one two foot fake tree that has been around for a couple decades. I have it in an LL Bean boot with a few lights to add to the holiday feel! Nathan is appalled at my lack of decorations. Heading to Belize and warm weather Saturday. Have fun.

Love,
Anne