Sunday, January 13, 2008

A national holiday

It is yet another holiday, this time because George W. himself is in Dubai for a day of meetings centered around democracy in the Middle East. All the roads of Dubai are closed and everyone has the day off. There is no noise because even construction has stopped. It is more quiet than any of the holidays that just passed, Christian or Muslim. Funny. The reason is that traffic has been so bad all over the region due to his arrival in Abu Dhabi yesterday from Bahrain. Yesterday it also rained, rained somewhat hard for an extended period of time which also made traffic awful. Not much else is new here. Chris went back to work yesterday and flew from Dubai to Bahrain before crossing into Dammam in Saudi. This week he is visiting different cities in Saudi and will be back on Wednesday. When I say visiting I mean checking in on his project, not sightseeing! I am sad without him now, I have gotten so used to him being here. My job is going well, it is not a lot of hours, good money and an interesting experience. I love my boss (the mother of the little girl I am teaching) and am getting a crash course in how to deal with a two and half year old (who is probably really my boss). Other than that not much is new here!

No comments: