Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The beautiful dunes

Last week for Lauren and Tony's last night here we went on a desert safari. I must admit I thought the whole thing would be a touristy rip off but it was fantastic. Our driver picked us up at home and drove us an hour into the desert where we joined a caravan of other land cruisers for dune bashing. It was a little bit scary but tons of fun. After the dune bashing experience we were all a little car sick so the mini oasis they brought us to was just in time. They had a bar with the cheapest drinks in Dubai, belly dancers, camel rides, a henna painter and a great buffet. Pattie bullied the girls into getting henna done on our hands and I am wondering how long it will last! Before we left we all dressed up in traditional clothing but I don't know where those pictures were. We were always dealing with dead batteries or full memory cards, we must get more organized next year. The next day the boys went out in the dunes again on quad bikes and I took Lauren and Pattie to the Royal Mirage for some spa treatments. We all had lunch together and then had to say goodbye to Lauren and Tony. It went much too fast...

1 comment:

Lauren said...

:) Love this picture - I have a good one too! I finally got all my pictures uploaded so i will send them to you. Miss you and love you so much! already wish we were going back!